What is optional, what do we supply and what is mandatory items for each participating vehicle.
General Info & Essentials
Mandatory for each participant
Each participating vehicle needs:
- Space for one stacker box with food that you will receive the day of departure.
- 60 liters of water.
- Tyre pressure gauge.
- Toilet paper & matches.
- Plastic bags to carry waste (e.g. empty cooldrink tins, etc).
- Brake fluid.
- Gear & Engin oil.
- Spare V-belt set.
- Sufficient petrol/diesel to cover the distance.
– (See route map & distances attached). Heavy sand driving conditions (+/- 3 km/liter and +/- 5 km/liter consumption for larger petrol and diesel engines respectively) will be experienced.
- Vehicle to be fitted with points to attach tow ropes both in front and at the rear. Very important!
- Empty or available lighter plug socket– to be used with communication radio.
- All equipment and luggage must be strapped in and securely fastened.
- Vehicle must be loaded in such a way to ensure that the vehicle is not “top heavy”.
– e.g. Only light items, camping gear on roof carriers.
- 2 – 3 Large bags of firewood per vehicle and only 4 bags of charcoal in the group.
- The trail passes through heavy dune areas which requires high flotation tyres (“fat tekkies”).
The practicality of your experience depends on the following:
- Hi lift jack & Q20 spray.
- Extra Spare wheel (no 6).
- Small broom.
- Small spade.
All you need
- Tent, folding chair & sleepwear (bedroll, tent etc.).
- Eating utensils cutlery, plate, bowl, glass & mug).
- Own snacks & refreshments. (alcoholic beverages, cooldrinks etc.).
- Torch & batteries.
- Camera (extra films & battery).
- Sunglasses & sun tan lotion.
- Clothing (very hot and very cold), toiletries & towels.
- Prescribed medicine.
- Small bowl or collapsible wash basin.
- Communication radios for all participating vehicles.
- Meals (only tea/coffee and fruit juices supplied with meals).
- “Communal” camping equipment (e.g. braai grid, cooking facilities & equipment, tables, wash-up facilities, showers etc.)
Nico Cell: +264 81 639 4034
Christelle Cell: +264 81 423 9390
Plot 33, Osona, Gross Barmen Rd, Okahandja, 12004
PO Box 1671, Okahandja, 12004