Traveling northwards to Spencer Bay through spectacular scenery. View magnificent shipwrecks like the “Otavi” stranded on the beach & get to play in some of the biggest dunes in the world.
4 Day Saddle Hill
4 Day Saddle Hill
- Leave Luderitz after breakfast.
- Travel through spectacular desert scenery for approximately 70km.
- Travel through spectacular dune scenery for approximately 95km.
- Arrive at Saddle Hill Base Camp.
- For the remainder of the day, relax at the camp, the beach or have fun in the dunes
Day 2 & Day 3
- Travel along the beach at low tide to Saddle Hill South and enjoy the scenery along the way. Visit a mining camp engulfed by shifting sand dunes. Sightseeing at old earthmoving equipment left to the elements of Mother Nature.
- Travel northwards to Spencer Bay through spectacular scenery.
- At Spencer Bay Beach, climb over the hill top to view a magnificent shipwrecked vessel “Otavi” stranded on the beach in its own tiny bay, guarded by seals. This wreck can only be reached by foot or by sea. This resulted in the wreck being virtually left untouched. The vessel ran aground in the forties whilst loading guano from Mercury Island.
- Travel north to view the detonated vessel “United Trader”, a vessel that ran aground in the early seventies with 700 tons of explosives on board. The vessel, with load, was detonated in 1974 with pieces of metal being spread over an area of 5km radius. The explosion was even felt in the Lüderitz area. Travel further north to view another shipwreck, the vessel “Tong Whang”.
- Return to camp traveling past a small fountain where Oryz drink and graze.
Nico Cell: +264 81 639 4034
Christelle Cell: +264 81 423 9390
Plot 33, Osona, Gross Barmen Rd, Okahandja, 12004
PO Box 1671, Okahandja, 12004